Easiest maintenance method/system

WMitchell

I have a Hot Spring Classic spa, a 24 year old model. It gets checked only every 2-3 weeks as it is in a vacation home I visit on that frequency. I read alot in the forums on this site and got excellent advice. Then I tried the system that I will describe and it has worked better than expected.

I installed a DelOzone generator a year ago. It runs through the 24-7 recirculation pump that keeps filtration going. I keep heater off until I arrive. The sanitizer used is a bromine floater. I add chlorine when I arrive and when I leave a few days later as a boost. The water stays clear and clean. My bather load is light, always shower first, no lotions, no suits. The recirc pump could be on a timer, but it works fine as is, and the electric bill is not a problem. I am very happy with the water condition of my spa. I watch alkalinity closely to stay somewhat high. It once went acidic on me due to adding acidic water over time due to an older leak. That required a new jet pump, but now no leaks, good quiet jets, alkaline water and no pump or heater issues. For my money go with bromine and ozone for clean water.

I use the dichlor then bleach method.

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23090-dichlorbleach-method-in-a-nutshell/

I test the water about once a month and change the water annually.