Help! Breaker trips when more than 3 people in Hot Spring Vanguard spa!

jinsand

I have a 2016 Hot Spring Spa Vanguard. When I have more than a few people in tub, the 30 amp breaker will trip. When I'm in by myself or with one person, there are no issues. Hot Spring replaced my 30 amp breaker -- but the issue is still happening. Has anyone experienced this?? I'm trying to figure out how bather load could make the breaker trip.

Edited by jinsand
fixed tags

Something that comes to mind is there may be a bad seal up high in the tub somewhere above the fill line that when enough water is displaced (in your case 3 people), or the tub is overfilled, water might start leaking through this bad seal onto electronic components and short them out causing your GFCI to trip.

I'd also try running everything in your tub so it is drawing max current IE lights, jets, blowers, heater, the works, and let it run for a few minutes just to be sure the power supply is adequate. It's an easy check to do. That way at least you can eliminate the possibility.

Hope this can begin to help.

Dan