Spa cycles on, off frequently

JoeSpaFan

I have an older Laguna Bay Spa and it's doing something that is driving me up the wall.  It starts a heating sequence and runs for a few minutes, the stops.  Almost immediately it restarts the heating again.  It does this sometimes for 45 minutes or so.  Sometimes it will restart after a couple minutes, sometimes almost with only a second or two.  I figure somehow either the sensor for the temperature control has gone wacko or where ever the sensor is it isn't reporting correctly.  Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

Ok, I lived with the spa doing this stupid constant restarting.  While really annoying and is probably really hard on the pump, it started something new that I can not live with.  I notice this morning that the spa was up to 108 degrees, totally unacceptable.  So, any ideas on how to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...