Retro Fitting Suggestion

dsfifty6

good day everyone

i have a Laguna Bay X5 and the mother board is fried. i called there customer service and they said i would need to replace the board, heater and pump. prices for those parts was well over what i felt was fair. i have been looking into retro fitting, which appears to be a cheaper solution. 

i have no experience or knowledge in this but i have a family member who is an electrician, i was concerned about the plumbing and voltage and i have a few other rookie questions. any help would be appreciated.

You can retrofit as long as you have a pack that runs 220V and account for all of the options that your tub has. Ozone, lights, circ pumps, etc. Your new board will control voltage to your accessories as needed. You'd be best served to get a full control pack with integrated heater and a new corresponding topside control. The pump should be pretty easy to replace as long as you stick to the same frame and plumbing sizes. Good Luck

19 hours ago, danthespaman316 said:

You can retrofit as long as you have a pack that runs 220V and account for all of the options that your tub has. Ozone, lights, circ pumps, etc. Your new board will control voltage to your accessories as needed. You'd be best served to get a full control pack with integrated heater and a new corresponding topside control. The pump should be pretty easy to replace as long as you stick to the same frame and plumbing sizes. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. I was going to do a complete over haul, i figured it would be best to start fresh with everything. the shell and the plumbing appears to be in good shape, no cracks or anything. is there a full control pack you would recommend?

• 4 weeks later...