Premium Leisure

Mrider

I can only speak for Premium Leisure as a brand that they are one of the better companies when it comes to customer support. They keep track of their tubs and what equipment each one is outfitted with which does not sound like much, but it is amazing how many tub builders don't know what they are building or with what components they are putting in them. In that way I think you have made a wise choice going with them.

As far as your model tub, it looks like a nice setup, it runs on 240 volts which is good, do not consider 120v if you are shopping for hot tubs. It looks like it uses Balboa and Waterway components. Both are market leaders of components. The tub itself is the glossy type which tends to help make water maintenance a little easier and keep clean longer but does require occasional treatments to the surface to keep that wet slick look and feel. For elderly people, the slick surface does not provide the best traction so if there are elderly users, you may consider a hand railing or some sort of grip mat for additional traction. The example pictured on the website has 5 suction inlets so this tub moves some serious water!

Hope this beings to help you. Happy hunting and good luck!

Dan

11 hours ago, ScenicCabinRentalsRRG said:

I can only speak for Premium Leisure as a brand that they are one of the better companies when it comes to customer support. They keep track of their tubs and what equipment each one is outfitted with which does not sound like much, but it is amazing how many tub builders don't know what they are building or with what components they are putting in them. In that way I think you have made a wise choice going with them.

As far as your model tub, it looks like a nice setup, it runs on 240 volts which is good, do not consider 120v if you are shopping for hot tubs. It looks like it uses Balboa and Waterway components. Both are market leaders of components. The tub itself is the glossy type which tends to help make water maintenance a little easier and keep clean longer but does require occasional treatments to the surface to keep that wet slick look and feel. For elderly people, the slick surface does not provide the best traction so if there are elderly users, you may consider a hand railing or some sort of grip mat for additional traction. The example pictured on the website has 5 suction inlets so this tub moves some serious water!

Hope this beings to help you. Happy hunting and good luck!

Dan

Do you work for Premium Leisure?  No disrespect to them, but you're going to be hard pressed to find many saying they are "one of the better companies" in any category.  They are probably considered by most to be a mid tier brand at best.

I have not seen one personally so I cannot comment on the quality and fit and finish.  Balboa and Waterway are two of the largest vendors for electronics and pumps.  I personally like the higher end Balboa controls and think they are very reliable.  Waterway, in my opinion, is decent, and nothing wrong with that.  The number of intakes is relevant to how many pumps, not the size of the pump or how well the hot tub is engineered.

About 5-6 years ago the company I used to work for was presented with the product.  I'm not too keen on spas that are not full foam, but the sales rep flat out lied about a bunch of stuff and at that point, the conversation was over.  

Mrider, if you don't mind me asking, how much is the spa?  What is the reputation of your dealer?  Have you had the opportunity to wet test this spa?  What are your other local options?

I see a spa that has no diverter valves which means you cannot re-direct water to or from any of the seats.  This is a less expensive way to plumb a hot tub, but you also lose the ability to customize the jet pressure.  Those names they call the pumps don't tell you the horsepower or how many gallons per minute they push.  That 50 sq ft filter is going to require more frequent cleanings than a spa with dual filters.  The fine print on the warranty also doesn't look the greatest.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:16 PM, castletonia said:

Do you work for Premium Leisure?

I do not work for Premium Leisure or any spa manufacturer or component manufacturer.  I will reciprocate your question by asking if you were denied a job with, or terminated from Premium Leisure that might sway your opinion of them besides the explanation you provided?

Full foam tubs are nice for the user because it keeps the energy bill a little bit lower, but they are more expensive to work on because everything is petrified in foam.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:16 PM, castletonia said:

That 50 sq ft filter is going to require more frequent cleanings than a spa with dual filters.

True, however anti-microbial filters (the ones with blue ribs, sometimes red I think) make cleaning a breeze versus the standard white pleated filters. Also, you are doubling your cost of replacing filters when the time comes to do so.

All things to keep in mind.

Happy Hunting

Dan

I live about 2000 miles away from Florida, never been an employee of the company, sales rep, or dealer.  Closest I came was the line being offered to a dealer I used to work for.  When we discovered that the Premium Leisure rep blatantly lied to us, we cut off any further communication.  If the rep cannot be honest, he either should not be a rep or is a reflection of the company.  

In 16 years, never noticed a difference in cleaning anti-microbial filter vs standard filter.  I have also never noticed any difference in the ability to clean / filter with a microban filter.  There is a reason that acrylic shells don't use Microban anymore, there is no verifiable proof that it does anything.

Full foam spas are indeed more energy efficient.  True, if a leak occurs, it is more labor intensive to find the leak and repair.  However, when all that plumbing is secured by that foam, it does not move or have to support its own weight, reducing the chance of leaks as the spa ages regardless if the plumbing fittings are glued, barbed, and hose clamped.  Rarely have I seen a full foam spa just start to have a plumbing leak unless there was an issue right from the factory or the spa was frozen.

In my opinion, too many quality brands out there with a history of quality and longevity and support from the manufacturer where I would ever consider a Premium Leisure, or any 2nd tier brand.  My first 10 years in the industry I was forced to sell what my boss chose, some good, some mediocre, some low end.  We were a servicing dealer and I saw first hand how poor manufacturer support was towards the dealer and the service history was on those low to mid tier brands.  The last few years have been top tier quality brands, Marquis, Caldera, Hot Spring and manufacturer support is phenomenal and the amount of service calls is probably 10% of what they were on lesser brands.

3 hours ago, castletonia said:

Full foam spas are indeed more energy efficient.  True, if a leak occurs, it is more labor intensive to find the leak and repair.  However, when all that plumbing is secured by that foam, it does not move or have to support its own weight, reducing the chance of leaks as the spa ages regardless if the plumbing fittings are glued, barbed, and hose clamped.  Rarely have I seen a full foam spa just start to have a plumbing leak unless there was an issue right from the factory or the spa was frozen.

In my opinion, too many quality brands out there with a history of quality and longevity and support from the manufacturer where I would ever consider a Premium Leisure, or any 2nd tier brand.  My first 10 years in the industry I was forced to sell what my boss chose, some good, some mediocre, some low end.  We were a servicing dealer and I saw first hand how poor manufacturer support was towards the dealer and the service history was on those low to mid tier brands.  The last few years have been top tier quality brands, Marquis, Caldera, Hot Spring and manufacturer support is phenomenal and the amount of service calls is probably 10% of what they were on lesser brands.

It's funny when you read about full foam and tubs that aren't with the outside perimeter insulation and see videos how it uses the pumps heat and it's better and keeps your electric bill lower, which seems not to be true from reading many posts on here... Here are some pics of the Marquis Spirit. SO this is full foam?

20140522_155242_Copier.jpg

20140522_162646_Copier.jpg

20140522_163150_Copier.jpg

20140522_163409_Copier.jpg

20140522_170909_Copier.jpg

15 hours ago, castletonia said:

In 16 years, never noticed a difference in cleaning anti-microbial filter vs standard filter.  I have also never noticed any difference in the ability to clean / filter with a microban filter

Forgive me, I think I may have  been unclear about the benefit I have noticed. I have not noticed any difference between the performance of standard vs. microban filters in service as far as filtering and improving water quality. I can say though, the microban filters take a fraction of the time to rinse out dirt when cleaning the filters with a hose. The white filters tend to hold onto the dirt more.   Or was that what you were saying?

I found your comments very helpful and interesting. I will keep an eye out for those features you mentioned.

Dan