Filter cycles + loss of heat?

Braola

Hi - I have a Hotspring hotspot relay, purchased last spring. I have both filter cycles set to 15 min in order to minimize the noise. However, I was wondering if there is a correlation between loss of heat and the length of the filter cycles? = the shorter the filter cycles, the quicker the water gets cold, and as a result, the pumps start now and then to keep the set temperature? Do I understand that correctly? (I am just trying to minimize the noise from the hot tub).

In standard mode, the spa will run as needed to maintain water temperature, regardless of the filter setting.  The filtering cycle is really independent of the heating cycle.  If the temp sensors  call for heat during the filtering cycle, it'll come on.  But the filtering alone doesn't dictate when it heats.

In economy mode, the spa will only heat during the filtering cycle, so putting the spa in economy would affect how quickly the tub loses heat.

Just a note - pumps generate friction, which will heat the water.  In New Jersey, I find that a tub without a working heater can reach 90 - 95 degrees during the summer from a combination of pump friction and environmental conditions.  Customers will call up and say "My heater will only get the hot tub to 92 degrees," which tells me the heating element isn't coming on, even though the customer thinks it's somehow out of adjustment.

Dave