Yea I’ve never actually used anything else with the h202, I do have a ozoneator but like I said 2 cup of 35% and I’m good. Just picked up some more today and ordered some strips and I’m going to see where I’m at and how long it actually lasts. 

12 hours ago, Bobby A said:

Future:

Will try the H2O2 one more time.  Will add the Nature 2 stick and will give it a shock at the beginning to start it, let the chlorine clear and add H2O2.  Will add a little MPS each week and let it dissipate in air after every use (about once/wk).  Will watch H2O2 levels carefully.  I will update as things develop.  Hope this helps!

I've decided that if I use the Nature 2 stick, I should give a little chlorine instead of MPS each week.  Any thoughts on this?

In the past I’ve only added once I do a drain. I did pick up 35% today and ordered strips. I’m going to keep a close eye on it and will post updates. I’ve never had cloudy but have had some skin looking like floaties. But I think that was from lack of filter rinse. I added one cup today and tested tonight and I was at 70parts h202. Had a tub and skin feels great! Crystal clear water and no smell at all! Oh I rinsed filter again today.

7 hours ago, Tonxtub said:

In the past I’ve only added once I do a drain. I did pick up 35% today and ordered strips. I’m going to keep a close eye on it and will post updates. I’ve never had cloudy but have had some skin looking like floaties. But I think that was from lack of filter rinse. I added one cup today and tested tonight and I was at 70parts h202. Had a tub and skin feels great! Crystal clear water and no smell at all! Oh I rinsed filter again today.

I've heard never drop below 100ppm.  I also read that if you really want to know how much above 100 you are which is the top level on the strip, take a sample and add 50% water to it.  If it still reads 100ppm, then you have at least 200ppm.  If it reads 75ppm then you have about 150 ppm and you can do the math on exact numbers.  

I read keep it under 100parts, but like I said. I’m sure it has dropped right out and still kept water clear. Checked yesterday and it was at 30 parts. I’m really happy with how well it’s done without even keeping up with it. Like set it and forget it mentality. I’m just doing this cycle to see the parameters I am working with. Like I’ve told people around my town, if they want to see my water and smell it just pop by. It really is the only way as far as I concerned.

Last experiment:

OK, here we go again.  After last weeks disaster, I have now cleaned the tub to my satisfaction, shocked it again, on my 4th fill of water and hoping for the best.  

Here's what will be different this time:

• We will run the Nature 2 silver/charcoal cartridge.  The initial chlorine shock is needed to activate it.  I may add some MPS after bathing with the hope it will dissipate prior to our next use.  
  • I added after a one day  of chlorine shock on this last fill, 2 cups 35% H2O2.  I read in several technical searches that H2O2 completely dissipates Chlorine safely and in fact it did. Also read that H2O2 will not react with any normal spa chemicals which is good
  • We will open the cover at least once/wk on the weekends as H2O2 needs UV sunlight to activate against organics.  I had avoided this as UV light dissipates H2O2, but if needed, I will add H2O2 as needed.  I check twice/wk minimum to make sure I'm over 50ppm and try to stay over 100ppm.  I might even, after some more research, consider getting a UV system to use with the H2O2, but need more information before I go that far.  As I said it does dissipate the H2O2 faster.  I've read some posts where people have used this combination and have no problems after years of service.
  • I will wash the filter at least once/month.  I haven't been doing that as my wife and I use the tub so infrequently.  We promise to use the tub more as we ache from gardening and other chores around the house.  Getting older is not fun.  She just turned 60 and I will be 65 soon but we are still working and young in spirit and health.  
  • We added a scumbug sponge to the tub to absorb oils and such.  Not sure if this will help, but I want this experiment to go well, and will do whatever makes sense to alleviate the build-up.
  • I believe the tub is cleaner now than it has even been since we got it about 5 years ago.  I've taken out all the jets and cleaned them individually and ran Jet Cleaner thru the pipes.  I probably should have done it twice, but time and effort was too much at this point.  I Will do it every 4 months when I drain and refill as my spa store guy says I should.  I have not done it in 5 years.  This may have contributed to the disastrous white and brown algae/fungus.  Most of the white gunk came out of the heating circulating jets so my guess is it was way overdue.  I never knew this was so important and blame only myself for not remembering what he told me 5 years ago.  

I hope this helps you all and I promise to update again as things develop or in 4 months in November when I drain and refill again.  BTW the Nature2 cartridge lasts 4 months so this is a good time to refill and change.

Good luck and let me know your thoughts!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been running my Spa on H2o2 for a year now, and only have good thing to report.

If my PH and Alkalinity are well balance, the water is always clear.  I clean my filters once a week. I have to adjust my PH, Hardness and alkalinity once a month. For me it’s really the solution.  Now I am looking to buy some Technical grade H2o2 around Montreal, QC.  But from the local pool suppliers, I get a 4 liter bottle for 89$.  I know we can buy it for a lot less.  Does anyone know of a good local supplier’s?

thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi I’m new. We bought a home with an indoor hot tub and I can’t stand the  chlorine so I have been using hydrogens peroxide which I love but we get this cloudy dust in the tub no matter what we do. We were told to disconnect the olzanater wire and took out the filter. We were told to do this by the place we buy are product.. it’s not working what are we doing wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 12:38 PM, Nealv9z said:

Hey mmaloof, would you please let me know how I can contact you. I am in Sooke but I would really like to know how you managed to use Hydrogen Peroxide without getting white mould (which is disgusting, take my word on that). It has been a while but I am starting to get itchy skin again which to me means I need to empty my tub and refill it as the CYA is building again. I would much rather stick with H2O2.

When I used that regimen, I always kept the H2O2 around 100ppm which is even higher than recommendations. I must have been doing something wrong if it works for you. BTW, you can get the 29% H2O2 from Lifestyle Market also. They sell a 4 litre container.

Hi. 

wondering where you buy your h2o2. I’m in vancouver. 

Thanks

Sharon. 

• 7 months later...

I am  trying to convert my heart to two hydrogen peroxide because I have cancer I cannot find a filter to replace my existing filter that would work with hydrogen peroxide use can anyone please help me I have called several hot tub distributors then on Amazon I need to understand what type of filter is OK to use with hydrogen peroxide food grade hot tub thank you my name is Kym

• 1 year later...

Hi from London (Ont), I also using only Hydrogen Peroxide and have issues with my numbers going up and down. Is there something anything i cam also add to help work in addition to the peroxide. My water is always clear but I algae build up around jets and intakes.

Can you add small amounts of chlorine  to help or does that just cause the Peroxide to burn off faster? Or is a non-chlorine  shock better??

I also have a UV Light system in my Hot tub.

• 1 month later...