Inflatable hot tub problem

FyPunky

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening depending when and where you are reading this.

First post on the forum and one I cant seem to find an answer for.

We have the Mspa Lite which has been very good with no problems at all up until now. Over the last few days I have noticed the walls have bowed a little at the bottom causing a slight misshapen tub, the wall which houses the pump/ heater unit is now higher than the other three. My first thought was a drop in pressure, having checked it over a couple of days it seems consistent, I have emailed Mspa but as yet still waiting for a reply, they do not seem to be even average at getting back.

The tub itself is sat on decking, a base of 6mm ply cut to shape, then a soft mat, then the groundsheet that came with it, the decking is level.

I have scratching my head on this, nothing to me sticks out as being wrong.

Has anyone had a similar problem or may know what the cause is?

TIA

Punky

My inflatable hot tub is made by bestway and branded as a Coleman Lay-z-spa. I have had it in operation for about 7 months and it is holding up fine. We use it daily.

You didn't say how long yours has been in service. If the wall is beginning to bow at the bottom, then my assumption is that the ribs that hold the sides together are beginning to separate from the sides. When I was doing research on tubs, that seemed to be one of the common problems people post comments about. If the tub is still under warranty, I would certainly expect the manufacturer to make good on that.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Not sure on the actual age of the tub to be honest, we aquired it doing a massive favour for someone as they didnt use it. As far as I know it will be outside its warranty so I am guessing around 2+ years old, however they used it to start with then it was packed up and that was it.

We have had it a couple of months now and use it almost every night before bed, never slept so welll in my life!

I cant imagine it has been used that much for its age. It is still very useable as is although I was looking at building a frame with insultion which will support the sides some what for the winter months.

• 11 months later...

MSpa tends to overcharge for the quality that they produce.  Obviously no inflatable hot tub is ultra durable but the Lay-Z-Spa tubs (ie Bestway, Saluspa, Coleman) seem to be the best overall for the money.  I am on my 3rd season with my Lay-Z-Spa miami and I keep it in a seasonal screen room and set it up about mid April and take it down about mid October.  For $300 or less it is hard to beat for the money.  I did a review of it on my Youtube channel:  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, Steve Melanson said:

just took tub down and there seems to be water in bladder part of tub 

recommendations of how to drain and has this happened with others

If you happen to look at this, can I ask what you did about it? I’m having the same problem, I think I have some air and water in the floor of my MSpa and the tub is leaning as if on a hill, with the control end much higher and it’s now switching itself off as the water level is all wrong. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - We are trying to put up our inflatable spa and have a large bubble in the floor. Would anyone know why this might be and/or what to do to eliminate it, please?

Unsure if this posting comes out as an answer to a previous problem or as a completely new post, so apologies  if I've posted this incorrectly...

It's a 3-year old inflatable 2-4 person spa (eziSpa Tekapo) which we've had up twice before (took it down for summer) without any such problem. It's as if the floor has somehow become too big for the walls and is bowing in the middle? We've tried squeezing the air out to the outside wall with our feet but it only moves about to a different part of the spa floor. The flooring under the spa floor is perfectly flat.

We're baffled as to why this is happening and would welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers, Mark