J355 leaks from one side of filter plumbing

gordonr

Hi, I've got a J355 that's sprang a leak from the other side of the filter housing. If I fill the filter dipwell with water the side that runs under the tub leaks some where. Not the side that's attached to the slo-mo pump. So, I'm trying to get a handle on where to dig through the hard packed foam to follow that plumbing and see where the leaks is. Where does that pipe lead to? Any pluming schematics available on the J355? 

Attached a pic highlighted in yellow for that filter down pipe that leaking under the tub somewhere across.

Spa leak filter pipe 8-17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen hairline cracks in the filter housing around the filter fittings on old Jacuzzi's, but in your case there may be a bad glue joint in there.  If so, it's a major hassle to repair.   You might try treating the tub with fix-a-leak first, it's a lot easier than digging out insulation and tracing pipes.

Dave