Grass in hot tub, now I'm not heating

I recently had a party with a lot of kids. They were running around the yard and jumping in and out of the hot tub. I didn't realize how much grass they were tracking in and out til the next day when I went to add chemicals.  The code on the display read, dr, and heating was disabled.  I checked the filters and they were loaded with grass, and so were the intakes in the lower well.  I think grass got into my lines and has clogged them and now I have low flow to the heater. Is there a way to check this out without having to pull pumps and heater?  

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try running without a filter.  When my filter got a little clogged up, did not build up enough pressure to activate the pressure switch, so that's how I troubleshot mine.  Washing didn't help, I bought a new filter.  And a back-up one, online.

• 3 years later...

Running without a filter usually helps in such cases. But if I were in your place, I'd take care of the yard first. I guess the problem is in uncontrolled weed which grows too fast. I sometimes have the similar problem, but the weed killer spray usually helps. It'd be also extremely helpful to use weed mowers or weed pullers. You can read at  https://www.growgardener.com/best-weed-puller/ about the best tools available for today. I think you can find there smth that would be practical for you.

P.S. Be careful next time with kids.