Sweetwater Aruba Error Codes - What Do I Need To Repair My Hot Tub???

AngelaD

Hi! I have been racking my brain and reading any article I can find in order to repair my hot tub. I have a Sweetwater Aruba hot tub that throws the OH code and then Watchdog ---. From what I have read I am guessing the temp sensor is bad but where I get confused is when the tub is showing OH the water is actually over heated, ie: not 60 reading 110 but actually 110. Does this mean something else is wrong besides the temp sensor? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! 

Are you checking with a thermometer or going by the control panel? 

Where is the tub located?  Hot summer sun beating down on a closed cover when your temperature is set for 103 degrees can cause it to overheat.  Open the cover so it can cool tonight, turn the heat down to 90, and see what happens.  This is a frequent cause of summer overheating.

Another cause of overheating is dirty filters.  If they are clogged, water movement is restricted and the water in the heater tube remains exposed to the heating elements too long and overheats.  If this were the case, however, the entire tub wouldn't be at 110.

Dave

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for responding! I haven't checked the temp by thermometer. The water is just so hot you can't even get in the tub. The tub is inside and we have had this happen even in the winter so the weather isn't the cause. Right now the tub is drained so I can repair it, hopefully... 

Thanks!

Angela