Hot tub won't shut off

When I hear "power surge" I usually suspect  damage to the circuit board.  I don't think I've ever seen a "Downeast Spa" in my area, but most hot tubs have guts made by the same two companies.  Are you comfortable opening up the side and posting a picture of your spa pack? 

Another possibility, assuming it's using the jet pump the heat the water and does not have a separate circ pump...

Is it heating properly? 

If it has not reached the temperature you set, it will continue to run trying to reach that temp, and will not shut off.   Bad heater, broken relay, burned wiring, etc would be much less expensive than a bad PCB.

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Hi. I’m having the exact same problem with the exact same tub. When you switched it to “Economy” mode, did the low jet ever stop running. 

Funny thing is I had a dream last night that my electric bill was $7,000, and I woke up to my hot tub not turning off at all! 😂🤣😆

1 hour ago, Donts said:

Hi. I’m having the exact same problem with the exact same tub. When you switched it to “Economy” mode, did the low jet ever stop running. 

Funny thing is I had a dream last night that my electric bill was $7,000, and I woke up to my hot tub not turning off at all! 😂🤣😆

Start a new post.  Take off your access panel and photograph everything including the circuit board.   Are you handy with a multimeter and know how to use it?  A few of the experts around here might be able to help troubleshoot.  But start a new post  :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Caldera Spa tub with a 2 speed pump and all of a sudden the circulator pump doesn't turn off. I lower the temp but it will continue to run until I manually shut off the pump. When it periodically turns on to circulate the water, it will not turn off automatically and I have to turn off manually again. Any thoughts?

Thanks. 

• 3 months later...

I have a Balboa 3seater VS series spa.

it was in economy mode and it would only reach 104 snd then cool down when in use.

I switched it on and to standard mode and it heated to 104 and stayed at 104-103 while in use.

I then turned it off.  It started on its own next day, and kept running till it reached 137, it would not turn off when I tried to turn it off.  Had to pull power switch.

Anyone have a clue what could be wrong????

@LZB, you should start your own thread. Include brand (balboa does not make spas, just control systems), recent history, and pics of circuit board and wiring diagram.

1 hour ago, LZB said:

switched it on

1 hour ago, LZB said:

then turned it off

Please explain, as a Balboa vs does not have an on/off switch. Do you mean the pump?