Compool control boards

I have an inground pool with a Compool LX3810 Control Panel in the pool equipment room and a CP3810 remote control panel, all installed in 2000. Last week my water temperature sensor light lit up, so I investigated and found the temperature probe wiring was corroded and broken. I purchased a Pentair 520272 probe and replaced it. However, the water temp. sensor light stayed lit even with the new probe.

In trying to research this problem online, I see that the Compool LX3810 panel has been discontinued, and it appears the "Pentair 521107 ComPool to EasyTouch Control System Upgrade Kit " is the replacement offered by Pentair. Could this new sensor be incompatible with the LX3810? It seems to me the sensor is a pretty simple device so I can't figure out how it might be incompatible. But if it is, do I need to buy the 521107 board and replace it? In this case, what about the CP3810 remote control? Will this need replacing also?

• 2 weeks later...

See if you can return the sensor and get a TS5L sensor instead.  That is the one you need, and is still in production. If your guy doesn't want to accept the return of the first sensor, I would say that if you gave the parts guy all the numbers you gave in your post when purchasing the first sensor, he should have known the sensor he sold you wouldn't work.