Caldera vs. Jacuzzi vs. Marquis - Looking for reasons to buy or not

BlueFox

I'm down to these 3 manufacturers for my new hot tub, replacing a 12yr old Cal Spa.  Wet tested all.  Most concerned about Marquis being the smallest local shop.  

The debates over all foam or no foam for insulation is still a bit confusing.  I'm looking for any pro's or con's with recent experience on any of these (warranty support, energy use, leaks, jet problems or other operational issues)

Tubs being considered are J375 for Jacuzzi, Utopia for Caldera and Marquis Signature Epic.

Thanks.

Paul

I sold Marquis up until this year when I jumped ship to a different dealer and now sell Caldera.  I assume you are looking at the Geneva from Caldera.  From your wet test, which one was best for you?  All 3 are from "top ties" manufacturers.  The Jacuzzi and Marquis have full foam insulation while the Caldera has fibercor insulation.  All are what I would consider full foam, but the fibercor will be easier to deal with in if there ever was a leak because it is easier to remove and replace.  Dealer is important, so if all things equal, buy from the dealer that gives you the most confidence.

It's been awhile since I have sat in an Epic.  The "HOT Zone" in Marquis is really unique but it does require you to divert power from all other zones.  If it were me, I would probably choose the Geneva mainly because of the neck/shoulder therapy and the lounge.  I fit in that spa like a glove, but that is just me.  I actually like the Marquis Resort over the Epic, FWIW.