MPS or chlorine shock

Delph

We will be draining our spa soon since our TSD levels are already very high. We want to start over using the 3 steps bromine method and really hope it will work better for us. My question is that I currently have both MPS and chlorine shock. I know I can also use bleach, but since I have those bottles, I want to use them. When should I use the chlorine shock over the MPS one?

Thank you!!  

It's probably not real critical because the water needs to be changed typically every 3 to 4 months anyway, but both MPS and your chlorine shock will add solids to the water. You didn't say which chlorine shock product you have, but if it is calcium hypochlorite, then it will add calcium hardness to the water as you use it. The other types of chlorine shock usually add cyanuric acid to the water which is irrelevant in a bromine tub, as far as I know. I'd say you're probably fine using them both up. Once they are gone, though, bleach is really the best oxidizer, and most economical.