Bleach/Dichlor method with Hot Spring ACE?

dishdude

I have run into issues a couple times with my ACE system not being set correctly to handle the bather load which has caused my FC to take a dive and not recover. I like the idea of setting it to keep a baseline level of FC and using bleach after each soak to sanitize. Since I use dichlor anyway to supplement the system, it seems like this is a viable solution. Am I missing something?

It sounds like you want the dichlor/bleach method sticky thread which is at the top of this forum. In order to use chlorine in a hot tub, you need CYA stabilizer in the water to prevent the heat from burning off the chlorine. But you don't want too much CYA; I believe the recommendation is to keep CYA around 30 ppm. That's why you use dichlor, which contains CYA, until you have the correct CYA level, then use bleach which does not add CYA. And that's why you need a CYA test in your test kit.