"Help" "Help

Hmoberly

I am thinking about putting in a pool. My backyard has a slope in it. I talked to a reputable dealer of a fiberglass pool he gave me the idea to sink the fiberglass pool about 6 inches in the ground and then build A deck around the pool. One side of the pool will be dug out the other side will be exposed, but under the deck. Have you ever heard of anybody doing this. What are some of the pitfalls associated with putting a pool in this way. 

• 4 weeks later...

There probably isn't a pool in the ground today that wasn't built in a yard that had some kinda grade.  Be sure to interview builders to make sure they have the qualifications in the event this may be an extreme grade.  Fiberglass pool shells is the construction method with the least amount of forgiveness.  They are supported entirely by the ground around them and if the ground wasn't built up and compacted properly this can cause major issues.  Feel free to send me some pics of your yard and I can be more specific.  pdoyle@doylepools.com

What you seem to be describing can be done, as long as its done properly.