suntouch controller aux circuit not working

robkapl

I am having problems with a new Suntouch controller.  My pool sweep is connected to the aux 1 circuit.  The controller turns on the pool sweep when scheduled but the pool sweep turns off after 20 seconds.  Pentair has replaced the relay and the circuit board but the problem remains.  I have tried the aux 2 circuit and the same thing happens. Any suggestions for what to do?

The filter pump is a new Intelliflo 2 VST.

The pool cleaner pump is a Polaris PB4-60

The filter pump runs from 8am to 2pm.  The pool cleaner and pump is supposed to run from 11am to noon.  The pool cleaner pump turns on a 11am but shuts off within 20 seconds.  

Pentair has replaced the relay box and the circuit board.  The new circuit board and the old circuit board does the same thing.  The Suntouch controller is brand new. 

The AUX 2 relay circuit is supposed to be used for the cleaner.  You may notice on the PCB that is says CLNR.  Filter pump should go to PUMP.  Only thing i can think of is the solar is calling for heat, and when that happens, the Solartouch will turn off the cleaner pump.  That is why you want to use AUX2, the software kills the power to AUX2.  But if its happening even when you were plugged into AUX 1... *scratches head*  Are you seeing anything on the display that would suggest a delay?  Make sure (in case you already haven't) that solar is set to off, and you are in "Pool & spa" mode not "Solar only" mode. That should take the delay out of the equation.  Verify that your "CIRCUIT FUNCTIONS" for AUX2 (menu 10) is set to CLEANER  In solar menu, make sure  Enable heat pump is set to No, and cooling enabled set to No  Valve Circuit set to SOLAR, Not an AUX.

In pool & spa mode.  We have tried the cleaner in both aux 1 and aux 2.  Same problem crops up.  Aux 2 is set to CLEANER.  I will pass the other suggestion on to the technician and hope it works.  Pentair wants to replace the pc board again.  It seems unlikely to me that 2 boards are bad.  Do you know if they have been having problems with the new boards?  Thanks.

Personally, i do not like the SunTouch.  I like to steer my customers towards the SolarTouch.  I find it to be a bit more user friendly.  But it is only a solar controller.

This unit never displays any thing that says the solar has come on?   That would turn the cleaner off, but would come back on eventually.

Replacing the box and board in effect is replacing everything about the controller.  I too agree with two failures not being likely.