Where is my Check Valve?

Peanut

The water in the spa is draining out to the same level as the pool while the equipment is off.  I was told it is most likely the check valve but I can't seem to locate it.  I've attached a picture of my equipment.  Please help!

Additionally, how difficult is it to replace?

Thanks!

Pool Equipment 1.jpg

Thanks Dr. Spa.  I actually replaced the 2 on the right (in the picture) last week.  When the spa was on the water was still going over the waterfall into the pool when it should have been turned off.  Replacing those worked.  The one on the left works the jets into the pool/spa and I assumed it was working as the jets would be off when they were supposed to be.  Regardless, its fairly easy to replace and I can do it this weekend.  The other 2 were in rough shape and I'm sure that one looks rough too.  Assuming that doesn't do the trick, any other suggestions?

The two valves on the right that leaked when the pump ran (pulling water from the pool when in spa mode) probably continued to leak when the pump was off (from spa to pool) and allowed the spa to drain when the pump was off, or even on..  Did the spa draining issue stop after you serviced the valves?  If you get water overflowing from the spa to the pool when the valves are in the position they are in that pic, You either have a spa by-pass (didn't see it in the pic), or you have a pool return in the spa, and if this is a raised spa, there just has to be a check valve in that line.  I would hate to think the check valve is buried (it happens) or maybe there is what looks like a small skimmer type lid in the deck to access it?

There is also some plumbing in the pic that i can't quite ID.  It is the line that has the red handled valve on it.  It splits and goes in two different directions.  There is also a line that runs along the back wall.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys!  Sorry for my delayed response but I am back and hoping to fix the hot tub!  I'll start from the beginning since I made a few fixes and assumed that they were right when I might not have been fixing the anticipated problem.  

1. The hot tub is draining overnight to level off with the pool when everything is off.  
2. This is also happening when we are heating the hot tub and the pool is not running.  This makes the hot tub just about impossible to use.  
3. Also, when trying to run the hot tub only (pool off) the waterfall was still running into the pool.  

First I changed both gray 3 way valves on the right in the picture.  This corrected the waterfall problem.  We can now heat the hot tub without the water running into the pool.  Unfortunately, the water level is still dropping like it does overnight when everything is turned off.  I had assumed the check valve was responsible for both of those issues but I truly don't know.

The picture shows how set-up is for running the hot tub.  

Pool clown - the red valve is the overflow for when the water level gets high.  Spits water into the yard and out by the street when necessary.  Fortunately I haven't had to use it yet!

If the fountain is running while you are in spa mode, that is where the spa water is going.  I am assuming that the waterfall is a water feature and not a "waterfall" from the spa into the pool, yes?  I don't see a valve that would control the waterfall.  Let me ask, when you run the spa, how many valves do you turn?  It should be two, or both the valves seen in the picture that appear to have black tape on them.  And what is the line that runs along the back of the equipment?  Is there a valve on that line that may be obscured from view in the picture by the plumbing that goes into the heater from the filter.

• 11 months later...