Spa Motors

bbqbrisket

It's really a crap shoot.  I've had Waterway and Aquaflo pumps that were 12 years old and I've had them die inside of 6 months.  Even within brands, they use different motors so you can't generalize.

Several manufacturers are starting to use LX pumps which are cheaper.  Ask me in a year or two and I'll let you know how they last.  

If a spa manufacturer can save 25% on motors and see their failure rate increase 5%, it may be a good tradeoff for them.  I'm not saying LX pumps have a 5% greater failure rate, just that spa manufacturers worry about the bottom line, not individual tubs.

• 1 month later...

My Winner AMC has 3 LX200 pumps, not sure on the age but I guess around early 2000s, I have just replaced the bearings in the circulation pump, the other 2 pumps are still running fine.  I think there are much better pumps out there than the LX.