Red light blinking

Jlaw

It's possible for the spa to go into the protection mode (blinking red power light) when the water temperature is too cold or too hot, usually outside the range of 50°F-118°F. This often occurs when something is obstructing circulation, when a spa is refilled with very cold water, or when a thermistor needs to be replaced.

I had the red light blinking every 2-4 days, stopping the tub from heating. 2000 Prodigy 110v. I also removed the filters but didn't make a difference. Service person couldn't find anything wrong. Suggested changing two sensors that could be tripping, also replacing heater and circ pump.

Then I noticed that I had accidentally left the tub in summer mode despite it being in the dead of winter with some temps below zero. Once I disabled summer mode, I had no further episodes of red light blinking.

• 3 years later...