surprised at the lack of gunk with a spa flush

Cooper772

So I just ran a dose of Ahh-Some spa flush, and I'm amazed at how little gunk was left on the spa shell. I have used it a few times before and it really left behind a ton of nasty green gunk, that I'm assuming is biofilm. The hot tub had not been used all summer and still had water in it from last winter. Earlier in the summer we had been somewhat good about adding a dose of bleach every now and then each week, but then eventually got lazy and neglected to do anything with the water. Early yesterday, I put a large dose of bleach in it.( about 1/8 of a gal.) not sure what the FC was after putting it in but later last  night before going to bed it was 12ppm. This morning before flushing and draining it was 6.5. I put in the Ahh-Some and ran it for about 45 min. and its currently draining. I'm just surprised that there isn't much biofilm left behind. Is it possible that there just wasn't much present since,  last winter we did pretty good with keeping it sanitized and then for awhile after not using it in the spring and summer but keeping up on the sanitation for awhile?

Thank you for using the Ahh-Some Hot Tub Plumbing Cleaner.  Since we purged previous biofilm from your plumbing it seems like your tub has been kept pretty well maintained.  Not sure as to why you still didn't see some bio-release since biofilm  is present even in those tubs that are well sanitized and maintained.  One question, did you place the filter(s) in the tub when you were purging?  If not, some of the gunk we purged is probably in the filter pleats.

nice work cooper772.  a regular purge program (starting out by purging at every drain) will allow you to assess how often a purge is actually necessary, given your own usage and maintenance. in my experimentation I found that I still purged every time just because I didn't 't want any of that stuff to grow.  as long as I am releasing something in the purge, I'll do it again on the next drain. you can also  throw your filters in to the vessel when you purge, and they won't pick up alot of new stuff.