Majesta Or Bahia

grannie

:D We are looking at getting our first tub, and have been to one store and researching online. We have narrowed it down to 2. One is the Sundance Bahia for $6500 with lifter, cover, chems, delivery and setup. The other is the Sundance Majesta for $8500 with the same extra package.

The sales person said that the only preformance difference would be the Air blower system that comes on the Majesta. I don't need the stainless jets or the waterfall, so if I can get almost the same preformance for $2000 less, that makes sense to me.

Now the other thing that I have been seeing in this forum is the Bahia running ar $900 less than our price qoute. Is there that much difference in price from dealer to dealer or is our location is northwest Ohio. I plan on checking another dealer in Indiana tomorrow.

Thanks, any info welcome.

:D We are looking at getting our first tub, and have been to one store and researching online. We have narrowed it down to 2. One is the Sundance Bahia for $6500 with lifter, cover, chems, delivery and setup. The other is the Sundance Majesta for $8500 with the same extra package.

The sales person said that the only preformance difference would be the Air blower system that comes on the Majesta. I don't need the stainless jets or the waterfall, so if I can get almost the same preformance for $2000 less, that makes sense to me.

Now the other thing that I have been seeing in this forum is the Bahia running ar $900 less than our price qoute. Is there that much difference in price from dealer to dealer or is our location is northwest Ohio. I plan on checking another dealer in Indiana tomorrow.

Thanks, any info welcome.

I can't speak to your specific prices on the sundance models, but I know from my shopping experiences that prices do fluctuate and I recommend finding two dealers that have sundance and playing them off each other. So many of the deals that folks have ended with seem to include cover, lifter, ozone, start up chems and delivery. Work toward that list of extras and see where it gets you.

I ended up going with a dealer who was $500 cheaper and would deliver free over 70 miles away. I am not sure if I will have them service as I will pay a travel fee, but the local higher priced dealer already stated a willingness to service as well. Shop around and save some dough.

I can't speak to your specific prices on the sundance models, but I know from my shopping experiences that prices do fluctuate and I recommend finding two dealers that have sundance and playing them off each other. So many of the deals that folks have ended with seem to include cover, lifter, ozone, start up chems and delivery. Work toward that list of extras and see where it gets you.

I ended up going with a dealer who was $500 cheaper and would deliver free over 70 miles away. I am not sure if I will have them service as I will pay a travel fee, but the local higher priced dealer already stated a willingness to service as well. Shop around and save some dough.

Grannie - I think spa-freak is correct in that strategy. If you can't find another Sundance dealer just tell them you're considering a Watkins product and you have a few choices in that same price range that you'd be satisfied with, Caldera Olympia, or Tiger River ?model. Worked for me (Bahia $5600).

BTW - I get the Bahia tomorrow, psyched!

Grannie - I think spa-freak is correct in that strategy. If you can't find another Sundance dealer just tell them you're considering a Watkins product and you have a few choices in that same price range that you'd be satisfied with, Caldera Olympia, or Tiger River ?model. Worked for me (Bahia $5600).

BTW - I get the Bahia tomorrow, psyched!

That's a good shopping technique. The last thing a Sundance dealer wants to hear is that you're looking at Hot Springs also.

That's a good shopping technique. The last thing a Sundance dealer wants to hear is that you're looking at Hot Springs also.

Well, I called the other Sundance dealer and he was very informative, I actually understood what he was talking about. Thanks to researching online and reading this forum!!

Unfortunatly his prices were just about the same as the first dealer.

The only thing that I need to find out is if there is a service charge for the dealer to come out this far if I have a problem.

So the way it stands now, I think I will go with the first dealer, mainly because we go to Toledo more than we go to Ft Wayne. I will be asking to have an extra filter thrown in with the package.

Now the big decision will be which spa to get. The Majesta or the Bahia. Any suggestions on that?? :blink::blink:

Well, I called the other Sundance dealer and he was very informative, I actually understood what he was talking about. Thanks to researching online and reading this forum!!

Unfortunatly his prices were just about the same as the first dealer.

The only thing that I need to find out is if there is a service charge for the dealer to come out this far if I have a problem.

So the way it stands now, I think I will go with the first dealer, mainly because we go to Toledo more than we go to Ft Wayne. I will be asking to have an extra filter thrown in with the package.

Now the big decision will be which spa to get. The Majesta or the Bahia. Any suggestions on that?? :blink::blink:

I would strongly recommend that you wet test both spa if that is posible?

I would strongly recommend that you wet test both spa if that is posible?

Oh yes!! That is the best advise to give. My brother in law was to shy to wet test in showroom, now he is telling me that is the best way to see how they feel!! Well, I'm not that shy!!

Hope to get down there next eek>

Thanks all. I'll let you know wwhen we decide. :D:D