GFCI breaker tripping

Brian T

I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  A couple of weeks ago my circulation pump went out   I replaced with the E10.  Then my GFCI would trip after several hours.  Unhooked the heater and still tripped.  Would run without pump connected.  I got a new pump and it ran for a couple of days and tripped again.  I been using tub everyday.  Went a couple more days and tripped again.  I just went out and unhooked heater again and tripped again.  Looks like may have been when filter cycle started.  I at a loss.  I guess could call a service tech.  It can take days for it to trip now and not sure how they will charge me for that.  I wonder if I should replace the breaker since it tripped so many times on that first pump.  It is a siemens 50amp GFCI in the main breaker box.

Seems like my tub just does not like these new E10 pumps.  It is slow to start like it needs a starting cap or something.  It seems like it is either the pumps or something on the board.  When it kicks the breaker it is when it just starts to turn the pump on.  Can hear the relay click and than dies. 

I have a tech coming out Friday.  I really think I managed to get two bad pumps or pump not compatible.  Both of them had a service sticker on them that I thought was strange.  Tech had me unhook pump and turn off and on with the temperature like I was getting it to trip before.  Did not trip.  Maybe this new pumps need to be hooked to a system that uses neutral wire.  Hope tech gets figured out.

Service tech had me replace the breaker since it had been tripped so many times.  He set the pump to run 24 hours.  It only trips about the third or fourth time the pump tries to come on.  Once it is on the 24 hour cycle it probably won't trip now.  Will see how it goes.