Dirt in water after change.

AlexW

I'd be inclined to know more about your water source, and also the procedure you used to clean your filters and return them to the spa and the amount of the yucko material present (did any more appear).  hard to identify with little information

What you picture could have been dislodged from your filters and re-introduced to the water, or it could be some spontaneously dislodged gunk in your equipment/pipes.  Do you see any material sticking to the vessel walls or is it restricted to just the filter compartment?  If just the filter compartment I'd be inclined to suggest that your filters maybe were not perfectly clean when you put them back in.    you could wipe up the material with a micro-fiber cloth and see if it re-appears.   But without a better understanding of details my inclination would be to purge, but thats just because on my spa -- if i changed the water and cleaned the filters and found that stuff still around I would start to worry that there might be more where that came from.   

What you have there is biofilm. The worst junk you want your body in. You need to purge the system asap. The best stuff I found is ahh-some. Mine sat for 2year from my parents. I found this on the the computer. I tried other stuff from a dealer here, and it couldn't even compare to this. Purged 3 times and water was crystal clean. You can use this stuff in dishwasher and washing machines. I would highly recommend this to anybody that needs there spa,pools dishwasher and washing machines. Check this stuff out. I'm highly impressed.

I would concur with the BioFilm.  Read my account here and my transition to Ahh-Some.  I always purged twice a year with SeaKlear for the past 3-1/2 years- just recently made the change and so far it's been eye opening and works really well.  It will take dilegence if you have never purged your spa before.  Not just empty and refill, actual purge.  And not all spa cleaners / purgers are created equal.  I bought the 6oz container - $50 on amazon but wanted to make sure I could repeat a few in a row as needed to clear my tub.  I have since bought another $50 tub to have on hand as I went through all 6oz - and my water was always clear.  Who would have known.  Ignorance in this case is not bliss.  But the time and effort of the purge is Ahh-Some.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47834-hot-tub-green-water-color-issue-after-clean-fill-help-ahh-some-convert/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is absolutely Biofilm and not dirt.  Every single hot tub should have a plumbing colonoscopy using a good "purge" product every 6 months or so.  Smaller low gallonage tubs that get high usage should purge every 4 months.  Do this and your water maintenance issues will be non existent with proper chemistry parameters being followed.