Swim Spa Temp And Dual Temp Advantages?

Cincy8

I've never owned a spa before so am hoping for some insight before I leap. I'm trying to figure out if one temp for swim and spa would be a problem year around. The major draw back for a Dual temp is that they are a lot longer, but it would give us more flexibility in our hot summers (90's) and cold winters (30's).

1. Does the spa side need to be hot to be effective?

2. For those that use a swim spa outside in cold climates what is your water temp and how cold can the air be to still be a good experience?

I generally like to swim in cooler water (high 70's) but would expect for cold days, I'd want it warmer.

Thanks for any help! If there are other resources for this info, please let me know.

You'll want to swim at a much cooler temperature that you'll "hot tub" in...and you'll want to hot tub at a much higher temp than swim.

Actually, if you try just soaking in the same temp you swim in, you'll probably die of hypothermia in about 2 hours.