Semi-Sunk Swim Spa Installation, Please Help Me With Design Resources.

Cincy8

We are looking to add a swim spa to our yard, recessed in the ground. I realize that we need a pit large enough to allow access for service, and will also need to find out what that means for whatever spa we choose.

How do we look for expertise on what's possible and how to? We already have an Architect and landscape architect, but this is specialized.

Our dealer doesn't do custom installations.

Any help to identifying resources, even if it's a Google search term, is appreciated. I'm not sure how to term what we are looking for, it's all knew to us.

Or how would I find a local designer? When I search, they all seem to be pool builders for what they sell.

• 2 months later...

I would search sunken swim spas.  However, access to the mechanics is necessary so most sunken spas that I saw when researching for mine were sunken into raised patios with access below.  If you sink it into the ground and have the mechanics end dug out out three feet or so, with a nicely designed cedar type floor that lifts up, that would work nicely, but the walls would have to be structurally supported with landscape ties or something safe.