Dead Raccoon In Pool

I'm extremely frustrated now.

The past weekend when I came back from vacation, I found there's a dead animal body in the pool. It must have been there for days, and based on the size and color we think it's a raccoon. We are new home owners and have no experience of this at all. It was late Sunday and we just used the net to threw the body in garbage bag and we put like 10 bags to make sure it's not leaking or anything, and we threw it in the garbage. So now I have nothing to test and no pictures.

I read from the CDC website that raccoon can (most of them) carry Baylisascaris Procynois and the eggs can't be destroyed by Chlorine. They are very harmful to humans especially young kids. I have a 5 year old and I can't risk his health and safety. :-(. I called CDC, State and City Healthy Dept and they all have no clear answer of what I should do. Still waiting for the call back from the County.

I'm not sure if anyone here can provide me some information. I've already shocked the pool, leave the filter on 24 hours and backwashed the filter.

I'm thinking if I can get the water or the filter tested, so I can know for sure if there're Baylisascaris eggs in my pool. It's a Vinyl pool so I can't drain all the water, but I'm thinking to change the filter.

I really have no idea what to do now. Please share if you have any advice or information. I really appreciate all the help!

Thank you!

This is what I found on CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/residential/animals/raccoons-and-pools.html

The pool filter should be able to filter out the eggs based on their sizes. I'll keep the filter running for 24 hours for couple days while keep the chlorine level high.

Tried to contact the local health dept but they don't provide pool water/filter testing. The inspector of the Zoonosis program told me that should be all I need to do.

I'll keep this post updated if I have any future information in case someone else needs this. Hopefully not.