Jandy Lxi 250 Heater - Fault Check Ign Control

Hi all!

We have a Jandy LXi 250 heater for our salt water pool. Pool and equipment are about six years old. The heater has been giving me a bunch of trouble lately and I was hoping someone here may have some insight. Shortly after opening the pool, I had to replace a cracked igniter. After doing so, the heater started up just fine for about a week. Twice, though, I noticed it would shut off overnight and give me an ignition control fault message. When that happened, I'd switch it off and back on again and it would run without trouble. After about a week, it stopped working entirely. I've checked the igniter and it seems fine.

When I try to start it now, the sequence goes like this:

1. Fan starts running and cool air starts blowing from the top of the unit, and continues to blow until it shuts down
2. I hear a click after about a minute, two minutes, and three minutes
3. After about four minutes, it shuts off and gives me a "FAULT CHECK IGN CONTROL" message on the display. The diagnostic light does not come on.

During this process, there is no heat generated at all—it doesn't fire. One other thing to mention is that I noticed what appear to be dried mouse droppings inside the heater. I assume they were living in there this past winter. I've checked the wires and they all seem fine.

With that in mind, if anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

• 2 weeks later...