Spa Draining Into The Pool When Equipment Is Off

ajk23az

I saw this thread and it seems like the consensus was either the check valve or valve actuator.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9637

We just moved into the house and this started happening. We replaced the check valve but it still happening. And I don't see anything that looks like a valve actuator on my equipment? (NOTE: First time home buyer, first time pool owner)

Here are some pictures of my equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! and yes, we are going to be replacing the spa filter container since it looks like CRAP! =)

spa%20pic_zpsqrb2ugyy.jpgspa%20equipment_zpsnvyo7i7j.jpgspa%20equipment%202_zps9jgbwcbo.jpgpool%20equipment_zpslwgmpqkl.jpgpool%20equipment%203_zpspyp3zfnl.jpgpool%20equipment%202_zpse4v9ulsc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Has this just started?

The valve actuators are usually electronically controlled to automatically open and close the valves depending on what mode the pool is in and what you're controlling.

Your valves (the light blue lever looking things) seem to just be valves (not electronically controlled).

They also all look to be in the open position. If you know which one controls the spa, you might want to close that one.

Ron

The valves look to be in the correct positions. The first thing i would try is to divert all the water to the "cleaning system" (5th picture, top valve, rotate handle clockwise just a bit till handle aligns with the plumbing (cleaning system). This removes all the plumbing to the left (including your new check valve), and diverts all water away from the spa, to the pool cleaner. The spa should stop overflowing water into the pool during this test. You may want to run the pump with the valves as they are first to fill the spa up to the point of over flow, then turn off the pump and rotate the valve as suggested. Let it sit like that overnight, come back in the morning and see where the water level is. It should be right at the edge of the spillway. If not, did it drop down as much as it did before? Or not as much?