Jacuzzi J-340

lulee

Help ! We recently purchased a jacuzzi j-340 hot tub - used - but from friends. We are having a problem getting an error to clear - it flashes FL01 - the book says either there is air (which we already checked) or the flow switch was out (which we replaced). This error keeps the heater from coming on to heat the tub. Anyone had this problem or - any ideas ?

thanks !

Help ! We recently purchased a jacuzzi j-340 hot tub - used - but from friends. We are having a problem getting an error to clear - it flashes FL01 - the book says either there is air (which we already checked) or the flow switch was out (which we replaced). This error keeps the heater from coming on to heat the tub. Anyone had this problem or - any ideas ?

thanks !

Can you confirm that you're working with a clean filter?

It sounds like it might have air in the Line going to the Circulation Pump, Try to loosen the conection to the circulation pump, it should be a 1/2" hose. The circ pump will be directly behind the Control box. If you remove the hose and allow the water to flow through, then replace it, that should fix your problem, if there is no air in that line, my recommendation would be to check the circ pump to make sure its working. you have to remove the access panel to check the pump, it is small and very quiet.

It sounds like it might have air in the Line going to the Circulation Pump, Try to loosen the conection to the circulation pump, it should be a 1/2" hose. The circ pump will be directly behind the Control box. If you remove the hose and allow the water to flow through, then replace it, that should fix your problem, if there is no air in that line, my recommendation would be to check the circ pump to make sure its working. you have to remove the access panel to check the pump, it is small and very quiet.

thanks for your help - I'll sure give it a try !

it has 2 different ports for filling. The manual says to fill 1/2 thru one and then switch to the other to fill the rest of the way ?

Then I'm not sure why that happened if you followed the manuals instructions, maybe a jacuzzi tech can advise how to prevent this from happening in the future..... any techs out there?