Spa Temperature Higher Then Set On All Modes

fdepaula

HI recently my four winds Spa have been setting the temperature about 10 to 12 degrees on EC, ST, and SL modes.

i set it on Sleep two days ago after trying a breaker reset, temperature is set to 80 but it maintains the water at 90-92.

i used another thermometer to confirm the reading on the panel. Same problem when is on EC. filter cycle is set for F2

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? for what i could find online it may need a new circuit board ? i will appreciate any inputs i dont want to order a $$$ part if its not the issue.

thanks

Is it hot where you live?

SL turns the heater off completely, so it's just ambient temp plus heat generated during filtration cycles that are heating the water.

Spa's don't typically come with air conditioners, so if you set it at 80, in the summertime, it may maintain close to 100 degrees in a warm climate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are in Alabama it has been around 91, yes I never thought about the outside temp out pool is reading 85. Today the hot tub was set at 87 on a ec mode and read 93 since we are not using it much so you probably right with the water just getting hot during cycles and keeping it high. My understanding was that the heater would not kick in if the temp was higher then set just te filter cycle would run but it may not be the case. We moved to a house with the hit tune last winter and there were not issues with the temp until the summer...

SL turns the heater off completely, so it's just ambient temp plus heat generated during filtration cycles that are heating the water.

Spa's don't typically come with air conditioners, so if you set it at 80, in the summertime, it may maintain close to 100 degrees in a warm climate.

I came here to post almost the exact same question, and you seem to have the answers, so hopefully you'll chime in. i have a Freeflow Passport that I set to 85 degrees because i don't plan on using it for a while. The current temperature states that it is at 98. I had it at 101 about a month ago. Is it possible that the spa has held temp for over a month? It has been very hot here in Socal but I can't seem to believe that it has stayed at that temp with the spa set to 85, especially being that it is not very well insulated from what I hear,

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to post almost the exact same question, and you seem to have the answers, so hopefully you'll chime in. i have a Freeflow Passport that I set to 85 degrees because i don't plan on using it for a while. The current temperature states that it is at 98. I had it at 101 about a month ago. Is it possible that the spa has held temp for over a month? It has been very hot here in Socal but I can't seem to believe that it has stayed at that temp with the spa set to 85, especially being that it is not very well insulated from what I hear,

Set the filtration settings as low as possible.

What year is the freeflow? Up to 2015, hit a temp arrow, then the pump button, and you can program the filtration settings. Set it as low as possible. For a 2015+, hold down the light button for about 10 seconds to enter the flitration menu. It's likley just running several hours more than necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a four winds I belive 2006. I am still puzzled for how long the temp stays higher themset. Yesterday I turned off standard mode with a 98 temp reading and set to SL at 80 since we will be gone for a while. 24 hours later with a 2 hour filter cycle the minimum I can set the water still at 93. Temperature outside was coolerdue to rain around 75-80. Maybe these old models turn the heater during filter regardless of the water temp.