The Dreaded Blinking Red Light! Already Replaced Heater, Circ Pump! New Filters! Help!

UPDATE! In case this helps someone else. I eventually replaced the circ pump and it did the trick!!!!!! Stupid stupid stupid old circ pump was working but I guess not enough (really threw me off as well as the Hot Spring tech who was an idiot). I bought the more powerful pump on amazon, not the stock pump. Hope that helps someone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I know this topic has been covered many times already, I have read all the posts. I have tried everything, i'm going nuts!!!

I have a 2005 Sovereign. It came with my house when I bought it. I didn't know anything about hot tubs and learned the hard way how to manage water. So a few years ago my circ pump failed and I had it replaced. It worked for about a year after getting a few blinking red lights here and there. I cleaned the filters and it seemed to work for a while.

Then last month I started getting both green and red blinking lights. Was told my heater was full of calcium (we have very very hard water). I just replaced the heater and both high limit and regular thermistor. Ok, tub worked for about 5 days and then BOOOOOMMMM, blinking god damn red light again!

I bought 4 new trix filters, it worked for about 24 hours and then BOOOOOOM! blinking red light again!!!!!

Even if I take the filters out it will only work for about 24-48 hours before the light starts blinking again.

Its got to be a flow problem, but from where?

I thought the circulation pump I put in about a year or two ago may be bad but the waterfall is working just fine. I can see the bubbles from the drain. The circ pump is working, but could it be possible that its just tired and not working enough to flow water through the heater?

I have the hot springs guy coming this week but they charge $90 a visit and really only try to get me to trade in my tub and buy a new one. They really suck at actually fixing anything. They told me last time my tub was dead and I should spend $12k to buy a new one.

Should I throw another circ pump at this thing, or wait and see what the tech says. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

I have heard someone was putting fishing wire into the pipes to maybe dislodge a calcium fragment or something. Will this work? When I cleaned the tub recently I did vacuum out a whole crap load of calcium pieces.

Sorry for the long post, but i'm about to throw this crap in the garbage and be done with tubs for a while.

Thank you!

You may also want to open the vinyl hose going into the mazzei (ozone) injector and remove the round screen in the footwell and vacuum out any calcium chips found. I have had numerous customers that have had major calcium build up in the heater that resulted in blockages at those location as well and they had to clean both areas out a couple of times over the course of a year or so.

John