Pool With "snorkel" Issue?

Hello. We bought our home with a pool last year, it was already opened. We closed it with assistance from a frind with a pool. This year we have opened it, however have an issue that we can not figure out. There are 2 pipes that stick out in the garden near where the jets are in the shallow end. I was told they are snorkels that create the bubbles to make it look like a spa. They are about 1' above ground. So the problem is we hooked everything up as we were told but when we turn on the pump water is consistently spilling from these pipes? We are pool newbies and are hoping someone may have some idea as to what we could have done wrong.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

There's at least one jet that's malfunctioning. The jets are designed with a built in venture, which will naturally pull air through the pipes you see. Could just be some internal blockage in the jet nozzle or some other debris caught in the jet. No check valves are needed or intended.

• 2 weeks later...

Venturi(s) can sometimes be very finicky. especially if you have eyeballs at the plasters edge. the real "jet" is back in the wall, and any obstruction (eyeball) can disrupt flow and cause no air, or in extreme cases, water to back up through the "snorkel". You could also get this if you have one or more venturi blocked (as stated by Dr.) or if the venturi insert itself has been removed, or come out on its own.

Most jets are removable, so they can be cleared, or cleaned.

I would first verify all the jets are there, and clear. You can get a small mirror and look to make sure they all look the same. If you have a venturi larger than say 3/4 inch, the venturi is not there, what you are seeing is the hole the venturi screws, or locks into.

Hello friend,

I think it has to do with snorkel. In fact there are some who say not to use snorkels on health grounds (bubbles are often mistaken for drowning). I would suggest you to get rid off the snorkels. Take guidance from professionals in this matter.Try with Ferrari Pools, a swimming pool renovations services for professional guidance if need be. Do feel free to revert back in on the status of the snorkels. Best of luck.