I Want 1 Year Same As Cash, Can I Still Dicker On Price?

Hi friends---I'm new here so hello. I'm buying a tub soon and will want to buy on 1 year same as cash terms. Does that mean I forfeit my bargaining power completely or can I still get a dealer to come down on price a bit? I completely understand that this type of financing costs the dealer money....does anybody know what the cost is for the dealer to provide that? Two part question I guess. Great forum here so thanks in advance.

chris

Perhaps you could ask the dealer what he is willing to let the spa go for on a cash deal vs. a one year same as cash deal. Some dealers will actually make more money when you use theire finnancing vs. a cash deal. If it where me, I wouldn't worry about anything other then the price and don't let the dealer know wether you intend on paying by cash or credit.

What I did was bargain down to a good deal, then asked about one year same as cash. I made it my "wavering decision factor" saying I was in no big hurry and could wait until Memorial Day when spas go on sale with financing deals. Actually, I wasn't in a big hurry but I did want a particular spa, however they weren't about to let me walk out the door over one year same as cash. Maybe I didn't bargain down hard enough!

when i got my tub, I could only bargin him down and extra $300 for cash, for credit (similar to one year same as cash deal) he would not even budge on price.

The strange thing was the exact same tub (same brand etc) $1500 cheaper than 2 other dealers in my area which is a massive reduction when you are only talking about $8500 on the tag.

i suppose moral of the story is to shop around.

• 2 weeks later...

when i got my tub, I could only bargin him down and extra $300 for cash, for credit (similar to one year same as cash deal) he would not even budge on price.

The strange thing was the exact same tub (same brand etc) $1500 cheaper than 2 other dealers in my area which is a massive reduction when you are only talking about $8500 on the tag.

i suppose moral of the story is to shop around.

We pay in the neighborhood of 3-4% to do the one year same as cash financing. Regular financing we don't pay any add'l fees for. The financing company gets their money up front for doing the loan since most people pay off before the year is up.