D1 Spa Low Flow Message, Now High Limit

gredd

My 2008 Dimension One Nautilus spa had the "Low Flow" message and no heat. I also did not see bubbles coming from circulating pump. I performed a spa flush, cleaned it up. Installed new filters, replaced ozone bulb. Did all of the steps to purge air. That did not clear the error message and still no bubbles from circulating pump.

Called a repair service for inspection. He said the circulating pump was not working even though I heard it working. I asked of I should shut down spa until new pump arrived. He said "no", go ahead and let the pumps filter the water.

This morning I saw steam coming from hot tub and the topside panel say's "High Limit" and the water temp showed to be 133 degrees. Yes, the water is extremely hot. I have shut down the spa for now.

Has the circulating pump burned up or is this a sensor problem?

This could be a couple of things, the spa should never heat if the circulation pump isn't moving sufficient water to close the flow switch. The only way to reset a High Limit error is by resetting the breaker. It could very easily have been an airlock and or something different, I would love to walk you through possibilities. If the water is truly 133F, you have a bigger problem and I don't think the technicians diagnosis was correct. Please give me a call at 866-418-1840 and I can go over any issues you have, I'm extremely familiar with the D1 product line.

Good Luck..!

D1 Dennis

The only way to actually get a tub into the 130's is for a multiple relay failure on the circuit board. That, and somehow you must have circulation through the heater again. Time for a real pro, not a hack. This temp level can be dangerous.

John

• 3 years later...

I have a dimensions one Aurora 2 mine started with a flow error I pulled the flow sensor out cleaned it off and reinstalled.  Changed fillers removed air out Flow error went away The next morning went out and had high limit error turned gfic off to reset error and noticed a flash in the disconnect box. So I turned main power off to inspect disconnect box gfic breaker. I found the lug on the gfic must have been lose in the disconnect box. So I removed the gfic and wired it Direct  to trouble shoot if I had bigger problems. I turned the main breaker back on had a flow errors unplugged flow switch and plugged back The error went away and the next day I had a high limit error. I’m wounding if I have a bad flow switch it will cause a high limit or do I have bigger problem? I know it a 2004 and don’t want to put a lot of money into its seen it better days.  But have been a great spa. Any help will be appreciated