How Many Pumps...

Dr. Spa,

I genuinely appreciate your feedback on spa matters. I see there are a lot of questions out there. My ambiguity (for which I apologize) stems from being a beginner spa searcher. That being said, my question about the tub having only single pump was meant to be more of a general feeler question. This is also why I added the link to the specific tub. This model is being offered for $4900 at California Backyard. Looking for responses that explain why 2 or 3 pumps may be better than just 1 pump. Or, "Artesian Spas" have a good or bad track record of reliability.

Does that make any sense?

Artesian Spas is one of the better manufacturers out there. They stand very solid behind their product.

As for the number of pumps. 1 is fine, if the spa feels good to you. 3 or 4 may feel better, or worse, will definitely cost you more initially to buy, and require 3 to 4 times the maintenance as compared to 1 pump, over the life of the spa..

Mine has one pump; I'm still using the original water pump/electric motor on my 1988 CalSpa. I did have to take it out and replace its seal once. It also has an air pump that can be switched on, for more "action" as the salesman called it.