Efficiency Of Newer Tubs

As I am trying my best to do my due diligence before spending $$$, I have another question.

I understand that there are other factors besides electricity (insulation, etc.) that determine how efficient a tub will run. That being said...

Has hot tub electrical efficiency improved in recent years? If I was to consider buying a preowned tub, how old of a tub could I comfortably consider?

Thanks,

Steve

I understand that there are other factors besides electricity (insulation, etc.) that determine how efficient a tub will run.

Really? Such as what????? I don't think so.

"Has hot tub electrical efficiency improved in recent years?"

No. It's ALL about insulation. Heaters can't be made more efficient. Pumps could be slightly more efficient, but not in any noticeable amount.

About the only more recent development in efficiency has been thicker, more insulating covers.

Dr. Spa... My "understanding" was more of a presumption. I apologize for my ignorance. Can I assume then that as long as a preowned Tub is well insulated, and I have a well insulated, thick cover, it would cost no more to operate than a new tub with the same specs?

The reason I ask, is I am going to be looking today at a shop that sells both new and preowned tubs. Aside from a lesser warranty, is there anything in particular that I should be wary of concerning a pre owned tub

Correct.

If you'd be getting it from a shop, make SURE it comes with at least a 90 day warranty. Also, find out if they just fix them cosmetically and repair what they find is broken, OR if they ALSO do any preventative repairs.