Issue With Leisure Bay G-3 Hot Tub Spa Motor

Hi Everyone,

I've been referencing these forums for a while now to help maintain and troubleshoot issues with my spa and now am hoping that someone may be able to help me figure out what is going on with my G3 tub.

So, after having my tub shut down for about a year now I've been trying to get it up and running again. After flushing the tub, cleaning it and refilling it I was getting a DR error code. At first, foolishly, I thought it might be the heating element being burned out as it was getting old but even after replacing it still was giving me that low flow error message. After replacing the element I realized that jets on half of the tub actually were not functioning and that although the Jet 1 button worked flawlessy, when I hit Jet 2 I was hearing a loud humming noise instead of the usual pump sound.

At this point I am THINKING it might be something to do with the capacitor as the bearings seem to work fine and I can spin the impeller inside of the pump with no resistance at all. However, I also noticed that the rod that spins the impeller looks absolutely terrible while the capacitor looks pristine. I've linked an imgur album below of photos I took yesterday to show what I'm talking about.

Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/a/w304C