Ta High In City Water

egcinn

So I have the public spa that is about 3000 gallons. It has been really cold here (like between -10 and 20*) We keep the window in the spa open to keep the room from fogging up so we lose about 3" of water/day. We refill the water everyday to keep the water level higher to prevent the filter burning out (due to evaporation). My TA for the last 2 weeks has been between 170 and 190. The water that we fill the spa with is city water. After testing it yesterday, i found that the TA of the city water is 170 (according to the taylor chem test). With this number, i would have to add acid everyday to keep the TA within normal range. Is this a big deal and what are some suggestions? the floors and walls of the spa are a type of concrete. I don't want the acid to erode the concrete. thanks!

Add the acid slowly with the circulation pump running (preferably add it over a return flow) and you should be OK. You can lightly brush the sides and bottom in the area where you add the acid to ensure thorough mixing.

You should consider getting an automated acid dosing system using a peristaltic pump as that can inject acid into the circulation system very slowly so as not to crash the pH.