Dreammaker X400 Air Jet Issue

wish2fish

I bought this Dream Maker X400 spa used several years ago. First few years the air jets worked flawlessly.

Last winter I didn't plan to use the spa so I drained and flipped the spa over for winter storage. When we started using the spa in the spring the air jets didn't work properly. Most of the jets were not producing air on either side. Seemed with continued use some of the jets would produce air.

Don't know if this is related or not but recently the wife left the air control knob on overnight and the water drained out of the tub. It was dripping on the motor so I assume it was coming out of the air control knobs. I couldn't get in there in look because I just had surgery and am not allowed to bend like that.

Wonder if you guys have any recommendations for me to look at.

Thanks,

T

I went back and pulled all the jet internals and re installed. Does seem to work better. I have test run and didn't notice the draining issue.

When looking at the air controls I did find a problem. The internals on the one that was leaking is missing what I assume is some back flow prevention. (see picture). I guess this would allow the leaking as well allow the water to back fill the air tubes causing more time for them to activate. I was looking to see if I could replace this unit but it looks like things are glued together underneath. How do you replace an air control unit?

IMG_6305_zpsc8rq2lvl.jpg

The o-rings on some of the jet internals could stand to be replaced. I looked at the local big box hardware store and they don't seem to have the appropriate diameter and thickness. Where do you get reasonable replacements at?

Thanks,

T

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...