Balboa Vs514Sz - 12V Light No Voltage?

gtpimp

I have a Saratoga Spa with the Balboa VS514SZ unit. Everything works great except the LED light. I tested the light with an alternate 12v source and it works fine. I get no voltage at 12v connector on the board. I've pressed the "light" button on the panel multiple times thinking maybe the button is just flaky with no luck.. If someone can point me on the right direction here I would appreciate it. The panel diagram really doesn't help me out with this issue trying to trace it.

There's usually a small glass fuse on that line on the main PCB. Look right next to the light harness on the PCB, there should be a small glass fuse. See if it's blown.

Most light issues aren't blown fuses, or problems with the circuit board, but problems at the harness where the LED plugs into the harness. Sometimes you can just wiggle the light while in the harness and it will decide to work, provided there's voltage. Grab a volt meter, see if there's 12v present on the main PCB. If not, the problem is the fuse. If so, the issue is either the harness, or an intermittent short at the end of the harness where it plugs into the led, or an intermittent problem with the LED. You'll need a volt meter to narrow it down.

• 2 years later...

Have you fix your problem?

I have the same problem where F1 fuse is good but there is no voltage coming out from J20 when i press the light button...

I can hear the relay when i press the light button but no 12 volt comes out from J20.

Anyone can help me with this? If needed i can start another thread.

Thank you

• 4 years later...