Filter Pressure

Bazman

Hi All,

I'm a new pool owner, and I am looking for some help.

First, the pressure gauge on my Astral filter when starting the pump goes up to 15 - 18 psi. After a few minutes, it returns to nearly zero. Although there is still flow through the system. Is this type of drop normal?

Also, for the life of me, by following the instructions of releasing air bleed, and unlocking lock, I cannot break the vacuum seal on the filter to remove and clean the filter cartridge. Any advice?

In ground 22,000L pool, all equipment is below surface pool level.

Bazman

Do you have a variable speed pump? I could be that the pump is going through its "prime" mode when it first comes on. This prime mode raises the speed for a period of time set by the user in the menu (up to 15 min). Then it drops to its run speed.

Just a guess.

Unfortunately, im not familiar with the Astral products (I'm US). Perhaps a call to their tech support can offer some suggestions.