Large Leak I Have A Couple Question

postie1686

I have a 99 cal spa premeir series. well over the winter it busted a part of the spa flex that runs under the lounger. i have dug out all the foam but ran some water with food coloring first so i could trace all the foam i had to dig out. I have 2 sections of spa flex that are split open. but ive got about 2" of good right of of the t and y couplers. so i want to cut out the bad and glue some new couplers with new spa flex right in line. my question is what is the best way to clean the foam off ofthe pieces of spa flex i want to glue to?

Side question can you not post photos on this fourm it would make explaining my plan way easier!

I just had to do a similar repair.

One of the pros can better tell you if that looks clean enough (I’m wondering what the crease is at the top of the existing flex pvc?).

In any case, though, you can try a test fit with new coupling to see if it slides on snugly and evenly. And I'd be sure to clean the edge of the existing coupling since I'd think that would provide another surface for a bond.

Apply PVC cleaner to the new coupling, the new spa flex, the existing 2” of spa flex, and the existing edge of the old coupler. Apply purple primer on the couplings but not directly to the spa flex. Then pvc cement it up.

Spa depot sells a nice little kit with all three but I was impatient and went to home depot.

One other note: I have seen advice that says to leave the spa flex just a tad long to allow for a little contraction without it pulling on the coupling.