Newbie Startup Questions

Hi Gang,

OK, so first time spa owner and someone gave it to me. I pulled out both motors and had them tested, both OK and no cracks or leaks.

It's called a Coast Spa but it's made by Northwind Hot Tub and it says it's a "Deluxe Series" its from about 2009.

It's in place now freshly filled via the filter and now the startup questions since I have no clue.

When I first power it up I see the display show:

- the display initializes

- it flashes 100

- it then flashes 93

- it then flashes 43

- it then flashes 12

- it then shows " Pr "

after about 5 mins, you head a click and the

Pump 1 light comes on and the display shows:

- - F

And thats where it sits so any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated! I'm going to call the tub guy

to look it over but I'd like your suggestions first before he shows up.

Cheers'
Dave

• 1 month later...

I am kind of in a similar boat.

Anyway, I picked up a broken hot tub as I'm retired and like challenges.

After fixing the known broken pipe and discovering the one seeping leak after the first cleaning and verifying the pump worked, I found (and wasn't surprised) the the control system was completely dead.

We really didn't care because we were more interested in using it as a dip pool.

Well I got it working so well, I became interested in repairing or replacing the control system.

I found out from the spa dealer, and the manufacturer of the control system (Balboa) that the typical life spa of a control system is measured in LOW SINGLE DIGIT YEARS. One said 5 years max, the other said 3.

Well, Balboa suggested putting a retro fit kit in and suggested a model number on their website, but to my surprise they directed me to a third party that sells their product because I could buy it for $300 less from the third party - so we are talking about $450.

So I talked it over with the other half, and she said go ahead.

So I asked Balboa for an installation manual to show my plumber and electrician and they simply refused to supply one. Which made me look for someone that would be more helpful. Using Google I found AcuraSpa and they were happy to supply manuals, drawings and answer all of my questions. On top of it, they warrant their product for 5 years, the guy I talked to has been doing this for 30 years and better yet, cost under $400 with a few upgrades.

You might want to take a step back and not try to figure out why what you have doesn't work and just gut it.