Hayward Pump Fades. Please Help!

I have a Hayward EC75a, and pump. I have been having problems with this thing since I bought my house. I've tried changing piping, I've even taken apart the entire ec75a and acid dipped the filter tubes for over 24 hours and completely cleaned them out (they looked like they had never been cleaned before and had mountains of DE caked on) and redid the DE, and right after that the problem seemed to go away for a couple days.

What's happening is I can turn my pump off, loosen the air valve, let all the pressure out, turn the pump back on, eventually it will prime and build pressure (8psi) and water will shoot out the air valve and I'll close it and all will be perfect. 24 hours later, the return jets will be nothing like it was when I first turned the pump on, one of the two will not even have water coming out of it, and the PSI on the ec75a will be around 20psi instead of 8psi.

Any idea what could be causing this? Both my skimmers, one by the pool, and one at the pump are both completely clean.

What would be the next steps to take in attempting to fix this?