@home Tubs By D1

bobwannatub

Looking for 1st spa. Only 2 dealers within 40 miles. D1 and Hot Springs. Like the Diplomat ($9400) and the

Envoy ($8750). Not bargained yet, any advice is appreciated.

However the real matter here is the line of spas at the D1 Dealer called @Home Spas.

I guess you would call them entry level, lower price, fewer features. No full foam, no 3rd pump

for circulation, no ozone etc. However,Venture model($6500) still hastwo regular pumps, lounger, 45 jets, same seating as chairman, and same size as chairman and diplomat.

Am I going to hate myself in the morning for not going top of the line, or be very happy and

2 grand ahead??

Looking for 1st spa. Only 2 dealers within 40 miles. D1 and Hot Springs. Like the Diplomat ($9400) and the

Envoy ($8750). Not bargained yet, any advice is appreciated.

However the real matter here is the line of spas at the D1 Dealer called @Home Spas.

I guess you would call them entry level, lower price, fewer features. No full foam, no 3rd pump

for circulation, no ozone etc. However,Venture model($6500) still hastwo regular pumps, lounger, 45 jets, same seating as chairman, and same size as chairman and diplomat.

Am I going to hate myself in the morning for not going top of the line, or be very happy and

2 grand ahead??

How can I tell you which way you should go? All the major manufacturers (D1 and Hot Springs included) position themselves with top of the line full featured premium spas but they also have mid-level spas which are still high quality but lower featured as well as having a more entry level line. Only you'll know which way to go but remember, either way this purchase has to last 10+ years so you don't want to buy now and rebuy 2 years from now. Think it through.

I agree with spa tech, you don't want to spend the next ten years wishing you had gone one way or the other, pick the spa you like best, $2000 spread over 10 years is 54 cents a day so do not let price make your decision. Also check out Tiger River spas at your HotSpring dealer, they are less expensive than HS but are fully featured spas with the same warranty.

How can I tell you which way you should go? All the major manufacturers (D1 and Hot Springs included) position themselves with top of the line full featured premium spas but they also have mid-level spas which are still high quality but lower featured as well as having a more entry level line. Only you'll know which way to go but remember, either way this purchase has to last 10+ years so you don't want to buy now and rebuy 2 years from now. Think it through.

Thank you spatech. Have you heard any input on the D1 @home series?

Thank you spatech. Have you heard any input on the D1 @home series?

Not specifically but D1 is good as is Hot Springs. You can't go wrong either way. Typcially, my opinion is IF you can afford it, get what you TRULY want. I'd hate to see you sitting in your spa next year wishing you got the bigger, "better" one. This is an investment in improving your quality of life for the next 10 years so think it through and treat yourself if you can (don't dip into the kids collge fund though).

Ditto with above...

I just purchased and struggled over whether to spend $6500 or $8500. Had I felt they were equal tubs I would have chosen the cheaper model, but you do get more for your money in the tub world. I just knew that I would not be buying another tub for many years (i.e. 10-15) and decided I had better go for the best. Imagine where you will be in 15 years...for many of us, we will be close® to retirement and can then get the next tub. I decided that 10-15 years is a long ways away and felt that those years would be improved with the better tub.

I say if the finances can handle it, bump up to the one you will want.

On a side note, I don't know anything about D1 as there are no dealers anywhere near me, but I have read alot about the benefits of a designated 24 hour circ pump, so I would look for a tub offering that as a feature. I also should mention that I ended up purchasing the Hot Spring Grandee, and would also recommend that line as well as the tiger river line as mentioned in an above post. I have seen lots of posts of tiger river folks who seem very happy.

Finally, be sure to wet test for actual fit and I can honestly say that there are several great manufacturers (D1 and HS included) who can provide you with a tub that will have both features and longevity.

let us know what you decide.

Doing more research today. Read fine print on D1 warranty. They can charge "reasonable travel fees"

if you are more than 30 miles from dealer. We live 40 miles away. Will need to discuss this with dealer and double check HS warranty. Wife didn't like that at all. Anybody else know about the D1 @Home Venture model???

Doing more research today. Read fine print on D1 warranty. They can charge "reasonable travel fees"

if you are more than 30 miles from dealer. We live 40 miles away. Will need to discuss this with dealer and double check HS warranty. Wife didn't like that at all. Anybody else know about the D1 @Home Venture model???

The "reasonable travel fees" is a common warranty item. As you said, you then need to follow up with each dealer and get in writing what their practice is as 40 miles is more than average for sure. Spend the time to get the details form each dealer and by all means, wet test.

The "reasonable travel fees" is a common warranty item. As you said, you then need to follow up with each dealer and get in writing what their practice is as 40 miles is more than average for sure. Spend the time to get the details form each dealer and by all means, wet test.

Any warranty service tech will know that the only way to stay in business is to have a trip charge, with the cost of fuel and the guidlines that manufactures put on warranty service calls it has to be done just to operate. I personally hane a flat rate that is charged no matter how close or far I have to drive

Did wet test of D1 chairman 2 mode. Models I was looking at were not filled. This dealer also does fireplaces and pools, so spas are sort of a sideline. Staff not especially about product either.

Jet pressure was good. Excellent seat that surrounds torso and has jets comming in from side. Remainder of tub was average. Dynamic sequencer feature was a let down to me personally.

I read that Hot Spring warranty also provides for travel fees for long distance calls. This is a large dealer and he said they never do that. They have 4 stores so cover a very large area.

West test in Hot Spring Vista. Personally really liked the Moto jets. Also the pulsating jets. Lounge head rest is too low for me, and is uncomfortable. Wife and I both decided to nix the lounge. She really floated up in it.

So now it is between HS Vanguard, and HS Grandee. My wife gets to choose.

Thanks to everybody for the input.

It is typical to have something in the warranty that states that there may be a "trip charge" for warranty work. It is then up to the individual dealers to decide whether to charge and under what conditions (distance being the key while some just do so accross the board or not at all). The key is to ask the dealer and have him/her state it on the sales invoice.

Did wet test of D1 chairman 2 mode. Models I was looking at were not filled. This dealer also does fireplaces and pools, so spas are sort of a sideline. Staff not especially about product either.

Jet pressure was good. Excellent seat that surrounds torso and has jets comming in from side. Remainder of tub was average. Dynamic sequencer feature was a let down to me personally.

I read that Hot Spring warranty also provides for travel fees for long distance calls. This is a large dealer and he said they never do that. They have 4 stores so cover a very large area.

West test in Hot Spring Vista. Personally really liked the Moto jets. Also the pulsating jets. Lounge head rest is too low for me, and is uncomfortable. Wife and I both decided to nix the lounge. She really floated up in it.

So now it is between HS Vanguard, and HS Grandee. My wife gets to choose.

Thanks to everybody for the input.

We have had our grandee for 2 weeks now and my wife just loves it. She let me pick out the tub of my choice, but she finds the grandee to be amazing. She says it is the only thing right I have done in months. I am sure you will enjoy it as we do.