Looking For A Hot Tub... Considering Hot Springs Relay Need Advice...

I am new to hot tubs, I have never owned one before.

I have looked at cal spas, vita, hot springs, and nordic. I really like the hot springs relay. From what I have read it seems like they are a great brand. I found one locally for $5,400.

Is this a good tub? Are they reliable and few repairs? Is this a fair price? Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance.

are you only considering new? I can understand why you would but I scored mine for free on Craigslist and for free it was in amazing shape, we just scored another one for free for my sister which isn't in as good of shape but with a little elbow grease and likely less than $200 it should be great, that being said there are many out there in perfect working order for less than $1,000, that may not be your style but it would sure save you some $$$

• 9 months later...
If you are considering a Hot Springs spa, beware. The quality is suspect and the service is really poor.

We bought an Aria model about 15 months ago believing that Hot Springs had better quality and a great warranty. This spring, our spa started leaking underneath the spa. We had a light but steady stream of water running, and it didn't appear that anything was leaking inside the motor/pump compartment. It took about 3 weeks for get someone out to look at it, several more days for them to come back and put it up on blocks, put blue dye in it to try and trace the leak. Then several more days to come back, dig into the foam underneath, only to discover that the leak probably really was coming from the motor/pump compartment.

At this point, we could now see water in the compartment, and the diagnosis was that the pump seal leaked. The after replacing a pump, the spa is leaking less, and the new diagnosis is that the heater is leaking. We've now been waiting two weeks for a heater to be ordered (geez, I thought trucks ran from California to Arizona over night). The technician left our filters out in the elements, and our spa door off leaving the motor compartment exposed as well; we haven't seen him for weeks.

So, long story short, we've not had use of our "new" spa for over two months of "prime spa time" in Arizona this spring. Turns out that the company providing the warranty service is independent and not connected with the factory. Apparently they are not accountable to anyone (least of all us) and if there is any communication about next steps, ordering a heater, and next service visit, anything at all, we have to initiate it and stay after them. A warranty is worthless with this kind of service.

Hot Springs is supposed to be one of the better products out there. It's not been our experience at all and the warranty experience really sucks. Good luck.