How Do Nordic And Hot Springs Compare?

HI again, After having some doubts of the Nordic Dealer, I thought I would go to the HOt Springs dealer. Those are my two options within 60 miles of me.

Therefore, Anyone want to give me some insights in the differences in these two tubs? I mostly interested in electrical costs comparisons. How would I find that out? My electric is VERY expensive and I live in a VERY cold area, so it is of up most importance to me to make sure a tub I get isn't outragously expensive electrically.

Then I noticed that the Hot Springs has a salt option as a cleanser and I like that idea. I hate chemicals...so avoiding them is also important to me.
I haven't been to the Hot Springs dealer yet, planning a trip on Friday or Saturday. Want to know what to compare, etc.
ThanksKaren

How can anyone avoid "chemicals?"

I think what you want to avoid is over-sanitation. Non-chlorine solutions can be more obnoxious than chlorine. Chlorine in the right amounts is virtually undetectable, and lower than your city's drinking water. Avoid a "salt," system, as that's simply a small chlorine factory installed in your spa. Add chlorine yourself, so you can add it only when you need it, and control the amounts with much greater precision. You won't smell it, your PH will be stable, and it will be the clearest, cleanest water imaginable.

Your best bet for a "chemical free" hot tub is to add an EcoSmarte system, which will completely void your factory warranty.

"Salt system" is just a fancy way to say "chlorine generator."

A Hot Springs will have better insulation, a longer warranty, and more bells and whistles. You'll get a better jet massage from a Hot Springs. If you're looking for a lounge seat then absolutely go with the Hot Springs, as Nordic's lounges are not impressive.

On the flip side, a Nordic will need way less maintenance than a Hot Springs. It's a much simpler spa and it is still built with high quality components. Nordic's spas can be ordered with a layer of title 20 (fiberglass insulation) around the outside. This will help insulate the spa, but it will not be as well insulated as a Hot Springs.

Spasage,

Ok I went to see another dealer by me. The jet setter comes in at 1,000.00 more for the whole set up and delivery including 100.00 of chemicals. I really liked the dealer. He's been in the biz a long time. I'm pretty sure that it will be better than the nordic in terms of electrical use. Since at least two months of the year our temps hang in the below 20-30 degree range rather consistently,

My concern was that it's depth was 29 inches vs. Nordics 34. Now,,,maybe I am missing something. Perhaps the seats are deeper? I truly wish I could sit in one somewhere but there are no dealers near me with them in stock. This is such a rural area that most don't have floor models at all. I also liked the hip jets on the nordic as I have arthritis in my hips. But I'm thinking if the hot springs is an all around better tub, that price difference seems meniscal and perhaps that hip jet is not a deal breaker?

Forgive me if I don't have a good concept here. So new to this. When they out depths on their specs, does it automatically mean that is the depth of the water itself or height of the complete tub?

Could you or anone else weigh in on this for me? Thanks.

$1000 more? IF, it saves you $10 a month on electricity, it will take 100 months, 8 years and 4 months, to make up the difference. That's assuming nothing ever breaks (out of warranty), as I'd bet the Hot Springs will be more, even a lot more, to repair.

Dr.Spa is right, the Hot Springs will definitely cost you more to repair. If you take care of your Nordic's water you will barely ever have to replace anything in it. But, it will cost you more to run the Nordic... although that can be fairly minimal as shown in Dr.Spa's math. The Hot Springs should come with the breaker panel, which will cost you a couple hundred if you have to buy it extra for the Nordic.

If you think about it in terms of cars the Nordic would be a Toyota and the Hot Springs would be a Volvo. They're both great cars, but the Volvo is a bit more fun to drive and, after the warranty, is more expensive to fix. The Toyota isn't very flashy, but its still a great car and you can get parts for it anywhere... although you won't need to buy parts for it often.

Which Nordic are you looking at? The height of hot tubs mentioned on the dealer's websites are the exterior heights. If you're looking at the Nordic D'Amour the two seats are actually different heights. One is two inches lower than the other. Nordic also releases a few series for the same tubs. For instance, the D'Amour can be ordered as a 110v only, an MS (100/220v; 1.5hp pump,) or an SE (220v; 2.5 hp pump.)

Oh man,,,,you have me so confused now....ha ha ha....I love Toyotas....always wanted a Volvo....!!! Ok, so you are basically saying:

1) The electrical differences would take YEARS to make up the difference in price.

2) The Nordic is not only cheaper, but more reliable and cheaper to fix.

3) of utmost importance to me is also, depth of seat. I know it's important when its 20 below to have as much of the body as possible under the water. (Not from my own experience, from my friends who own tubs up here! So the fact that the D'amour MS is 34 inches, vs HOT Springs, 29 inches is a concern of mine.

4) I like the idea of a lounger in the HOt Springs, which is probably why it's deep enough on that seat, but Im afraid that the other person will be left in the cold....??????

5) So Dr. Spa and Spa sage, you both seem to prefer the Nordic to the Hot Springs. Is it only because of repair costs down the line? Any other reason? I just wonder as I got the impression that Hot Springs was one of the best companies....and or makers of hot tubs. So curious as to why the obvious preference for Nordic.

Lastly, I am partial myself to the Nordic in terms of getting a hot tub made in my own state....Michigan,,,,but I am rather not liking the only dealer...:( I wish the Hot Springs dealer sold Nordic....

Weigh in please. Karen

• Like 1

The overall depth of the spa has nothing to so with how much of your body is under water. It's the depth of the seats that matter (distance from the waterline, down to the top of the seat). Pretty much any and all spas, of any overall depth will put you in water up to your neck. The question is how far is the floor below the top of the seat.... Think of it like your desk chair, and raising and lowering it towards the floor. The only difference is how your legs are positioned. As a side note, there are some that claim the added depth, puts more pressure on your feet, adding to the therapeutic value. Additionally, a shallower tub generally means less foot room, but also typically less water and reduced operating expenses (you should also look at the total gallon capacity of each spa).

Just to make matters harder......there is a nordic dealer about 3 hours from me who also carries Artic. The Artic Fox.....is be exact. He does not have the D'amour in stock but does have a few of the other ones, at least for a look at them....and the Artic Fox....

So,,,,anyone want to chime in the the FOX?