Cloudy Water Chlorine Keeps Dropping

Hi everyone,

I had an algae bloom which I've mostly fixed. The pool is blue however the chlorine level is drastically dropping. I have put in so much chlorine and shock but it keeps diluting. Below are links to an image of my test strip and the pool. I think I need to increase my stabilizer. I've used pool tonic and I've cleaned my filter with filter cleaner spray.

What should I do to get the pool clear quickly?

test strip = https://www.flickr.com/photos/55908697@N02/18004831031/in/dateposted-public/

pool = https://www.flickr.com/photos/55908697@N02/17816421620/in/dateposted-public/

You should get a proper test kit such as the Taylor K-2006. Your test strips look like the pH is low and the TA near 0 which would mean a pH of 4.5 which is VERY low. Is that possible? Have you been using Trichlor pucks and not paying attention to the pH or TA? It could just be bad test strips.

With a proper test kit you'd be able to tell if you have Combined Chlorine (CC) vs. Free Chlorine (FC) because if you do and it increases as you add more chlorine, then you may have ammonia in your pool created by bacteria that metabolized Cyanuric Acid (CYA) perhaps when the pool was closed over the winter.

• 4 months later...